GST/HST Claiming Rebate
GST/HST Rebates are to be claimed on a quarterly basis. When the church has completed its month end procedures and has recorded all invoices and payments it should apply for the Rebate.
For those provinces with GST only, the GST66 form will need to be completed. For those provinces with HST, both the GST66 and the RC7066 forms will need to be completed. A form should have been mailed to the church with due dates and reporting periods.
If a copy is not received fillable forms may be downloaded from the CRA website (www.cra-arc.gc.ca under Forms & Publications).
Completing the Form
1. Generate a copy of the Tracking System report or Transaction by Account report from the Confluent Accounting System for GST and PST Receivable.
2. Complete GST66: GST Rebate (GST & HST tax)
3. Complete RC7066: PST Rebate (HST only)
4. Take photocopies of all forms, both sides, and file (with Tracking Reports) in a pending file.
5. When payment is received, remove forms from pending file, and attach payment stub. Copy is to be provided to national office with Year End Review Confirmation.
6. Deposit payment and record in accounting system to reduce GST and PST Receivable accounts
Filing GST/HST through Net Filing
The church may be qualified to complete the GST/HST Rebate form through Net Filing on the CRA website. An Access Code is required and will be quoted on the GST/HST Return Form that is mailed to you (GST34-2E).
On the CRA Website www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html, under Online Services, choose GST/HST NETFILE
• On the GST/HST NETFILE page, choose “Ready to File”
• On the READY TO FILE page, click on “File your return”
• On the ONLINE FORM, complete the following:
• On the PROVINCIAL SCHEDULE, choose the Province of reporting:
• On the FEDERAL SCHEDULE, choose the Province of reporting:
• Click “Submit”