Mission: The Foursquare Gospel Church of Canada is a Christ-centered national movement dedicated to serving people through planting and sustaining healthy local churches.
We are the Canadian part of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel (www.foursquare.org) “dedicated unto the cause of inter-denominational and worldwide evangelism.” Quoting from the dedication statement on the cornerstone of Angelus Temple, the first Foursquare church started January 1, 1923.
Name: four-square [fawr-skwair] - adjective
1. Firm; steady; unswerving
2. Forthright; frank; blunt;
3. Without equivocation; frankly; forthrightly
The logo represents our unswerving presentation of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, to every person in every culture and nation as:
- The Saviour: The red colour reminds us of His bloodshed for our salvation and the cross symbolizes the pathway of His redemption of us. We all come to Jesus through receiving His love, by grace we are saved.
- The Healer: The blue colour reminds us of the life-giving water that nourishes our soul, cleans us up from the mess of life and heals our hurts and the cup symbolizes our life that holds His healing. We are all hurt, physically, emotionally or spiritually in life and Jesus came to earth to heal every part of us.
- The Baptizer in the Holy Spirit: The yellow/gold colour reminds us of the worth and dignity He restores to us as we receive the precious Holy Spirit in these fragile lives of ours and the bird (dove) symbolizes His coming from heaven to us. He gives us a valuable purpose and a job to do and we are given everything we need for life and godliness in the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- The Soon Coming King: The royal purple colour reminds us of the kingdom of God that is to be spread throughout the earth. The crown symbolizes Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God.
Vision: Jesus transforming people across Canada one life at a time, impacting communities through Holy Spirit empowered local churches, led by servant leadership teams.
Result # 1: Transformed Lives - People of all walks of life and cultural backgrounds, touched by and changed by the love and grace of Jesus Christ
Result # 2: Impacted Communities: Healthier families; safer streets; evidenced in lower crime rates; economic stability; more caring society; honest leaders.
Result # 3: Holy Spirit Directed: “From the middle” force of life [that comes with having the Holy Spirit in charge] call, equipping, placing and empowering leaders.
Result #4: Leaders Connected: Equipped, trained, resourced, celebrated, challenged and inspired partners in ministry, supported by servant leadership teams.
Result # 5: Believers’ Gifts Released: Leaders and members in local churches working with mission-focused teams, each person using their gifts, talents and abilities to participate in the great plan that God has for Canada.
Result # 6: Healthy Local Churches: Powerful, influential, vibrant, reproducing, Spirit-filled local churches.