To equip, empower and establish healthy reproducing Foursquare Churches across Canada for the purpose of reaching the lost.
The purpose of the NFCD Team:
- We exist to help and resource the local church as it plants and establishes other churches.
- We are charged with establishing clear processes that will aid and not impede the multiplication of new churches.
- To encourage each local church to be developing a heart to plant other churches.
- To encourage each local church to be developing leaders capable of starting new churches.
Being true to our name, the New Foursquare Church Development Team is a part of the Foursquare Gospel Church of Canada.
Being true to our commitment to describe the process in family and relational terms instead of “agricultural” terms when possible, the New Foursquare Church Development Team serves as a “midwife:” helping with the birth of new churches that have been conceived by the loving relationship between Jesus the Husband and the local church (the wife).
We have adopted a “family/biological metaphor for how new churches will become a part of the Foursquare Family:
- Birth: This is the process that is also referred to as Church Planting. Four important stages of this process exist: 1) conception, 2) pre-natal care, 3) birth, and 4) post-natal care. All are important to the process of establishing healthy churches that will be reproducing churches.
- Adoption: This is where an existing church desires to become a part of the Foursquare Family here in Canada. There exists a process for this that is handled by the office of the President of Foursquare Canada…Steve Falkiner. Just like in a human adoption, the process is to ensure that the adoptee and the adoptive parents are a good match and that the adoption is mutually beneficial.
- Fostering: Just like in the community, from time to time, churches like children need foster care. The idea of “fostering” churches and leaders from other churches that may or may not become Foursquare Churches is part of the heart of the Foursquare Church of Canada…to see the kingdom of God advanced.. We are in the Kingdom building business and not the denomination building business.