Once a church is approved by the national board with a Charter status, the application process for Charitable Registration can begin. A Registration Packet will be sent to the church to be completed.
The following steps should be taken for registration:
1. Complete the T2050 – Registering a Church. A Checklist form is provided for reference and further explanation of required information. The church will complete the application as detailed in the packet and mail back to the national office. The following items are to be included with the application:
2. Once the completed application has been received back at the national office, it will be reviewed to make sure information has been completed correctly and all applicable info has been attached. The following is to be prepared by the national office and included with the application:
3. The national office will mail the completed application to the Charities Directorate.
4. Once the application has been approved, the Charities Directorate will mail an official registration letter to the national office confirming the date and Business Number of the church. The church will be notified by email of the number and a copy of the registration letter will be mailed to the church. The original registration letter is kept on file at the national office.
5. The national office will initiate the setup of Payroll and GST registration numberswith CRA.
Maintenance of a church’s charitable status is to be carefully administered and done through ensuring:
Failure to properly maintain these areas will result in revocation of charitable status and possible monetary sanctions.