Independent (self-supporting) registered churches that are requesting adoption with the Foursquare Gospel Church of Canada must receive approval from the national board before proceeding.
The following steps should be taken for adoption:
1. Completion of the Church Adoption Application for approval of the national board.
2. Upon approval, a review and exploratory steps are taken to prepare the church for transition.
3. Complete application for Voluntary Revocation of the old registration number will need to be made before new registration can be made as a Foursquare Church.
4. In the interim, the accounting and receipting of the church may need to be administered by another Foursquare church.
5. Complete application for Charity Registration as a Foursquare Church.
6. Complete title transfer of property and obligations to the Foursquare Gospel Church of Canada.
7. New church will begin to follow church policies and procedures as outlined in the Foursquare Administration Manual and Administrator’s Guide.