When the national board approves a church to be closed the Charitable Registration needs to be voluntarily revoked. The following are the steps that need to be taken to initiate the revocation process:
1. Prior to the last day of operations all bank proceeds are to be transferred to the national office account (or to another church if combining as a campus church). All assets (inventory and equipment) need to be transferred to another church or registered charity. All church records are to be transferred to the national office to be kept on file for specified times.
2. The final T3010 is to be filed with the CRA. Box C1 of the T3010 is to be checked “Yes” with an explanation and date of closure quoted in the space for Ongoing Programs. A church letter, Voluntary Revocation of Charities Registration, is to be attached along with the final T3010.
3. An acknowledgement letter will be sent by the Charities Directorate of receipt of the letter and return.
4. The CRA will send a form T2046 to the national office to be completed within the specified time frame.
5. The CRA will send a Notice of Assessment to confirm closure of registration to the national office to be finalized.