Protection and safety of the children and youth in our churches and ministries is very important. These resources are available to help you plan, train and prevent the maltreatment of children and youth.
The U.S. Foursquare Church created this training series to prevent the maltreatment of children and youth so they can mature in personal faith in Christ without the wounds of abuse in their lives. Watch the four-part series here and download additional study materials.
Download training series additional resources at the bottom of this page.
Session 1: Preserving God's Call in the Life of a Child
- Describe the effects of child abuse
- Commit to safe ministries for children and youth
- Understand how molesters operate
- Discover steps to protect staff and volunteers from false accusations
Session 2: Protection and Purity
- Commit to effective abuse prevention in our churches
- Identify and take action on warning signs of abuse
- Understand and implement proactive and redemptive steps for responding to allegations of abuse
Session 3: Boundaries, Behaviour and Barriers
(Attitudes and Reactions)
- Boundaries for volunteers who work with children and youth
- Behavior management for church volunteers
- Barriers to adults reporting their concerns about other adults
Session 4: Self-Protection with Godly Confidence
- Ten ways to protect children and youth from abuse
- Warning signs that a child feels uncomfortable
- How to respond if someone tells you they have been abused
- Youth to youth abuse - what it is and how to prevent it