Employment & the Church
Once the church has decided to enter into a payroll arrangement with a pastor or staff person there are numerous items to be considered even before the first payroll cheque is written.
We will go into each area more in-depth over the coming weeks but for today here’s a snapshot of important topics on employment and the Church:
- What are Provincial Employment Standards and how do they apply to the church?
- What are Provincial Employee Safety Standards and how do we set up an account?
- What are important steps to remember for New Employees & Terminations
- How does the Income Tax Act apply to the church?
- What amounts are included for Other Incomes & Benefits?
- What are Allowable Deductions and Clergy Residence?
- How are Payroll Taxes calculated & Payments made to CRA?
- How are T4’s issued and reported to the CRA?